The following is a rough idea on how DBS Portable Sawmill prices jobs. All projects vary and may have unique circumstances, DBS knows this and adjusts pricing to give you the most value for your dollar. DBS Portable Sawmill wants you to be well informed and comfortable with your decision to mill your own logs into lumber.
WHEN YOUR LOGS COME TO MY LOCATION:
Sawing fee: 35 cents per board foot. (average expected cost, and delivery of finished lumber not included.)
WHEN MY MILL COMES TO YOUR LOCATION:
$60.00 per hour (usually equals about 35 cents per board foot. Included in this price is:
- Portable Saw Mill delivered to your location
- Fuel and blades
- Stickers and stackers (stacking dunnage) cut at the hourly rate
Not included in Price:
- Air Dry Lumber stacking
- Slab or Sawdust Removal
- Log handling beyond rolling sawlogs onto sawmill loading arms
- Trucking/hauling of logs, slabs or completed lumber to other locations
- There will be a $25.00 fee charged if a blade is destroyed or damaged due to metal embedded in sawlogs
- Stacking milled lumber for air drying will be charged at $32.00 per hour
- If customer requires log and lumber handling machinery to be brought to site; hauling fee is $2.00 per mile and machine time is $70.00 per engine hour
- There will be surcharge for dirty, rock embedded sawlogs
BEFORE WORK BEGINS:
- If milling project is estimated to take longer than one day, then a good faith deposit will be required before work begins.
- If milling project is only a one day event, payment is due at time of completion.
- Long term projects will require weekly payments until completion.
- All jobs, balances are due in full at time of project completion.
OTHER SERVICES OFFERED:
- Basic Forest floor clean-up (after logging operation or storm damage, etc)
- Lumber hauling
- Construction of projects using custom sawn lumber